Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pup is not the same as Poop

"Pup is not the same as Poop" This is what Deepal told me today when I was complaining that the word I said in Hindi was the same as the word he was correcting me with. I couldn't hear the difference between the vowels. Every day he teaches me Hindi for an hour using the Rosetta Stone language program my brother got for me. And I vary between being a docile, willing student and a less-than-docile-willing-student. ;D And either way, he makes me laugh. So, in the spirit of Pup is not the same as Poop, here are a few more additions and corrections from Deepal after he read the blog:

* The Court Marriage was also for India because Indian law does not recognize a hindu marriage as legal, either, if both parties are not hindu.
* The line in front of the Court Office was unusually and incredibly small. Anyone from Mumbai would think we had it easy that day. (It was actually much longer when we were doing the initial paperwork.)
* The crows will most definitely enter the house. Apparently they don't enter if you're sitting in the room. But if you happen to be in another room they will fly right into the kitchen and help themselves to whatever is around. And they are smart enough to pull the lids of things, too, if they're not screw on.
* According to anyone from India, we live on the 2nd floor. The bottom floor is called the Ground Floor, and then the next one is the 1st, and ours is the 2nd. For anyone in the states, we live on the 3rd floor. 
* I could hear the difference between the vowels during the hindi lesson today. I was just being tricksy and difficult. (perhaps this is true ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment